To provide administrative support to underwriters and to manage and administer quotes/ bound risks in accordance with applicable procedures.
- To enter risks (including endorsements, quotes, promised lines and the like) into underwriting systems to the standard required, in accordance with applicable procedures.
- To copy/scan slips &/ or other risk information as required.
- To ensure that scanned documents are stored correctly in DMS, in order to maintain the syndicate records and files to the required standard.
- To analyse and produce/ assist in the analysis/ production of reports and statistics as required, including in respect of the business planning process and accounting exercises.
- To assist underwriters in the monitoring and control of specific accounts.
- To prepare information packs and accompanying summaries for underwriters as required/ requested, including the collation of broker-supplied material.
- To assist in ensuring that premium entries in Subscribe are reviewed and accurately maintained in accordance with applicable procedures.
- To provide information and assistance as needed to ensure that other departments/ syndicate and agency staff can carry out their responsibilities, e.g. Exposure Management, Premium Management and Claims.
- Liaise with brokers, clients and other professionals as necessary.
- To act in accordance with regulatory standards and principles at all times.
- To assist underwriters to carry out their duties and assist generally in the efficient running and management of the business.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Institute – Certificate
- Underwriting operational experience is desirable
- Strong IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical/ numerically literate
- Understanding of the insurance/Lloyd’s market
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with limited guidance
- Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary
We are committed to equality of opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes, national and international legal requirements throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please speak to Ann Goh to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to these needs will be addressed confidentially.
We abide by local immigration laws and will ensure that the successful candidate has the right to work in the appropriate country before confirming any job offer.
We will support the successful candidate's application to obtain the appropriate immigration clearance and until such time as this is received any offer will remain subject to immigration clearance.
Assistance with relocation is not available.