Purpose of Role
To assist in the identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of key risks across Talbot Underwriting.
- To assist in the guardianship of the Risk Register, the Control Identification Schedules, and all other documentation relating to the Risk Management framework
- To assist in the documenting and maintenance of Talbot's risk appetites, tolerances and acknowledgements, the associated statements of appetites, their measures and key indicators.
- To assist with the ongoing process of risk assessments
Monitoring and reporting
- To monitor and record changes in the risk profile of the business depending on the effectiveness of the controls. To alert management and/or appropriate governance forum in accordance with agreed processes
- To assist in the recording, monitoring and investigation of risk events / incidents
- To be an active user of The RSA Archer GRC System and ensure that it is always up to date as the "system of record" for the risk management process
- To assist in the design of and/or run reports in accordance with business needs from RSA Archer
- To assist the Risk Management Department in fulfilling its objectives
- To keep up to date with Risk Management theory and make recommendations for practical application in Talbot as relevant
- To assist in any training exercises carried out by the Risk Management team
Some experience in the insurance market preferred
Graduate with 2.1 relevant degree
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail
- Very strong listening and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel and databases
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
We are committed to equality of opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. We are also open to discussions around flexible working.
We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes, national and international legal requirements throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please speak to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to these needs will be addressed confidentially.
We abide by local immigration laws and will ensure that the successful candidate has the right to work in the appropriate country before confirming any job offer.
Only applicants who already have the right to work in the UK may apply for this role