Western World was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As an AIG company, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for a Professional Liability Litigation Specialist to handle the following:
- Analyze moderate to complex errors & omissions and directors & officers liability claims with minimal supervision along with handling moderate to high exposure claims involving litigation. Insures the ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards, industry best practices, and specific client service requirements to insure efficient and appropriate resolution of claims.
- Analyze and process moderate to complex claims exposure claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim; Ensure consistent proactive claims handling aimed at the prompt and cost effective resolution of claims through well-developed action plans.
- Identify, evaluate and analyze coverage issues as well as applicable coverages with minimal Supervisory directives; Independently prepare comprehensive coverage letters; Provide direction to, and manage coverage counsel when necessary, supervise coverage litigation when applicable.
- Maintain diaries and complete tasks within required time-frames as set forth by department guidelines on a consistent basis. Document file activity in a concise and timely manner; Calculate and assign timely and appropriate reserves to claims; monitor reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim; Refer cases as appropriate to supervisor and management. Prepare file summary reports on high exposure files for upper management review. Present litigation strategy for complex litigation to senior claims management and underwriting staff.
- Ensure claim files are timely and consistently documented with a clear and concise analysis on liability, damages, reserves and an action plan for resolution. Negotiate settlement of claims within established evaluation and designated authority level.Use appropriate cost containment techniques, including strategic vendor partnerships, to reduce overall cost of claims. Process and pay claims and expense invoices in a timely manner and within designated authority level.
- Communicate with excess carriers; Respond to requests and directives from Management in a professional and timely manner; Communicate claim activity and maintain professional agent and insured relationships. Maintain a quality assurance program to support performance management initiatives as well as the consistent delivery of quality claims service.
- Travel as necessary (with advance notice to claims management) to attend arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences or trials; Attend educational seminars and conferences; Participate in customer service visits or to further customer service relations. Successfully complete required State licensing examinations; Complete continuing education requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical claims experience with an insurance company.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong technical and analytical skills related to litigation and complex claims, claims investigation, trial preparation, and settlement negotiation.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Legal degree preferred.
- Work toward continuing education such as CPCU or IIA courses.
Western World provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.