Validus Re, now a member company of AIG, is a global provider of reinsurance solutions for property, marine and energy, casualty, financial and other specialty lines of business. Being headquartered in Bermuda with offices in the US, London, Switzerland and Singapore provides our actuarial team the opportunity to work with and access our global talent. We take pride in developing and implementing the latest research and technology to continue to enhance our market leading position.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide actuarial pricing analyses to support the underwriting of property, marine, specialty and financial reinsurance transactions.
- Build, enhance and maintain proprietary models and reporting tools to support pricing and business selection.
- Identify and investigate emerging issues and trends to support the continuing development of the Validus View of Risk and portfolio steering.
- Provide pricing peer reviews and support the development of other team members.
- Support portfolio performance management through business planning and portfolio analytics.
- Provide ad-hoc support for other actuarial functions, including reserving, capital modeling and risk management.
- Coordinating all of these activities with a wide variety of stakeholders in different functions as well as geographies.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Qualified or with significant progress toward achieving actuarial qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial or related quantitative field required.
- A minimum of 5 years reinsurance experience with heavy emphasis on property, marine and specialty classes of business required.
- Proven experience in creating, implementing and applying statistical and stochastic models.
- Proficiency in Excel and advanced SQL skills required.
- Ability to code in Python, R or VBA preferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Manage time/workflow efficiently with minimal supervision.
All applications must be received by close of business on April 22, 2019.
For additional information on Validus Reinsurance Ltd., please visit our website: www.validusre.com