Western World was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As an AIG company, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for a Premium Coding Analyst to handle the following:
- Data entry of new policies, transfers, and renewals as received from the agents via ImageRight files as directed by established procedures.
- Review policies and return tasks to supervisor for any incorrect or incomplete policies.
- Determine and assign appropriate industrial class code for each coverage.
- Calculate and apportion policy premium accordingly for each coverage. An understanding of which coverages are to be selected and what percentage of premium should be allocated to each coverage is essential.
- Calculate and enter policy fees when required. Knowledge of which states require fees, for which policy types, and for what percentage of the premium is necessary.
- Data entry of endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements, including the ability to verify additional premium or return premium validity and the ability to prorate premiums.
- Balance premium totals daily, review exceptions, and correct any discrepancies for all interfaced accounts.
- Act as data analyst to map fields from incoming data sources to policy coding fields within the system, review results of interface process and test new data sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of 1 year’s prior work experience.
- Good attention to detail, mathematical aptitude, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Insurance industry experience.
Western World provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.