Western World was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As an AIG company, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for a Product Development Consultant to handle the following:
- Leads cross-functional teams in developing and improving new and existing insurance products. Meets established timelines for product delivery.
- Coordinates the development of, and changes to, underwriting guidelines and forms on selected projects. Supports Underwriting on smaller forms projects.
- Coordinates the development of appropriate rates, utilizing Actuarial and Underwriting staff for loss analysis and competitive research.
- Works with IT, Actuarial and Underwriting to ensure that statistical coding for product changes is determined appropriately and implemented correctly
- Works with Marketing and Underwriting to market product changes.
- Trains Underwriting and Claims staff in product changes.
- Identifies and develops growth opportunities within existing classes of business.
- Researches new classes of business and recommends appropriate action.
- Monitors existing business for consistency across distribution channels.
- Acts as consultant to Underwriting as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-10 years of underwriting, claims or product development property and casualty knowledge and experience
- High level of product technical expertise.
- Thorough understanding of rate-making and policy form development.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and create underwriting guidelines.
- Industry designation preferred (i.e., CPCU, ASLI, RPLU)
Western World provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.