Western World Insurance Group was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As part of the Validus Group, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for a P&C Claims Supervisor to handle the following:
- Supervise claims examiners handing small general liability property damage claims. Ensure that department guidelines and proper procedures are followed. Provide support, guidance, leadership, and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- Provide technical and/or jurisdictional direction to claims examiners on adjudication. Review, edit, and approve all coverage letters issued by unit members. Insure that adequate information is obtained and documented by claims examiners, that coverage issues are properly addressed, and applicable coverages are provided.
- Maintain a supervisory diary on claims involving complex or high exposure claims within assigned unit. Perform periodic reviews of litigated claims, questionable claims, and sensitive claims within assigned unit. Review posted reserves on claims over the authority of the individual examiner. Present litigation strategy for complex litigation to senior claims management and underwriting staff.
- Perform quality review audits on both open and closed examiner claim files in compliance with audit requirements and quality standards. Maintain a quality assurance program to support the total performance management initiative and the consistent delivery of quality claims service. Compile, review, and analyze management reports and take appropriate action.
- Identify and alert management of trends, potential problems, and issues as well as recommend a course of action. Inform management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement. Coordinate with management on miscellaneous claims projects.
- Travel as necessary (with advanced notice to management) to attend arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences, or trials. Attend educational seminars and conferences as required. Participate in customer service visits to further customer service.
- College degree or equivalent experience with handling third party property & casualty claims.
- 4+ years of supervisor experience.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong Word and Excel skills along with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Fully licensed CPCU or IIA or currently pursuing designations.
Western World Insurance Group provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World Insurance Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.