Responsible to: Head of Digital Underwriting Strategy
To be a key member of the newly formed INDEX team (Innovate, Develop and Execute) - Talbot’s Innovation and Strategy Team. The role will support the INDEX team in driving modernisation at Talbot and working to provide a platform for profitable growth.
- Support the INDEX leadership team in the delivery of their objectives.
- Researching and developing new ideas and opportunities for Talbot; this will take in multiple territories and products as well as general market and peer analysis.
- Supporting the delivery of a range of new and existing initiatives that aim to help achieve Talbot’s strategic goals.
- Assisting work to improve Talbot’s use of data across the business.
- Engaging with new technology and exploring how it can be implemented to improve our business.
- Providing documentation and presentation materials to support all of the activities described.
- Assisting with the administration of the portfolio of initiatives that the INDEX team will work on.
- Insurance experience preferred but not essential
- Graduate (preferred course with analytical/numerical content; STEM or Economics or Finance/Business)
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Strong Analytical and numerical skills with the ability to learn fast (including strong Microsoft excel skills. Further experience of data tools or systems would be positive)
- Well-developed research skills
- Strong presentation skills (strong PowerPoint ability preferable)
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment with an ability to meet deadlines
- Personal traits: Adaptable, Organised, Curious, Decisive