Purpose of Role
The application support analyst will assist with 3rd party application and developed solutions deployment, user support, troubleshooting, issue tracking and resolution.
The application support specialist is expected to be an expert with certain applications and be able to install, configure and maintain the assigned applications while troubleshooting 2nd and 3rd tier incidents that do not require a formal change and release to the application.
- Provide support for key Talbot (and Group) software applications
- Take ownership of Service Desk requests and change requests, managing them until resolution.
- Support resolution of incidents and service requests withing the associated SLAWork with and manage vendors throughout the Incident/Problem/Change processes
- Provide operational design and support of overnight, weekly and monthly processing activities where relevant
- Assist with the provision of release and deployment management for relevant applications
- Review and test the configuration of application products prior to distribution
- Support the delivery teams and provide a governance authority for production changes
- Support customers on complex technical issues
- Gain a strong understanding of business processes and business department interfaces with IT
- Support as needed the design and support of activities relating to Business Continuity and DR
- Prepare and maintain procedural documentation/wikis for relevant applications, including 3rd party. Assist in root cause analysis of identified problems with existing applications
- Conform to all security standards as made clear by the Group Head of Security
- Ensure that all Incidents, Problems and Changes are dealt with in a timely manner – managing customer expectations and the involvement of suppliers and other IT teams
- Experience of the insurance market and related concepts
- Proven experience of delivery of IT solutions from specification through to BAU
- Experience of a SLAs, Service Desks and ITIL environments
- Experience of agile methodologies and DevOps capabilities
- Experience of managing day to day activities and demands of third party suppliers
- Able to self-manage and engage with employees from all departments and levels as well as external partners.
- Accreditation: ITIL Certification, Microsoft Certification
- Processes and Methodologies: ITIL, Release Management, Service Management, Change Management.
- Programming Languages: SQL, PowerShell.
- Communications and Networking: DNS, Database and Business Intelligence: SQL Server, Reporting Services.
- Applications: Active Directory, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Project, Visio
- Application Platforms: SharePoint Server, K2 Workflow, FileNet DMS.
- Application Middleware: XML, JSON
We are committed to equality of opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. We are also open to discussions around flexible working.
We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes, national and international legal requirements throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please speak to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to these needs will be addressed confidentially.
We abide by local immigration laws and will ensure that the successful candidate has the right to work in the appropriate country before confirming any job offer.
Only applicants who already have the right to work in the UK may apply for this role