Western World was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As an AIG company, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for an Assistant Business Systems Analyst to handle the following:
- Review errors and pended items regarding external policy submissions.
- Analyze and resolve data quality issues.
- Process coding changes for electronic policy data submission.
- Create, update, and maintain policy forms, including vendor proprietary forms.
- Create, update, and maintain policy form libraries and databases.
- Work to resolve system problems and suggest enhancements to improve efficiencies.
- Assist in the testing of applications (system updates).
- Update and maintain policy and claims administration system tables for coding purposes.
- Work with policy and claims administration programmers regarding potential and identified data quality issues.
- Propose solutions to problems while considering timeliness, effectiveness and practicality.
- Conduct discussions with business partners and respond to their needs as they arise.
- Write basic queries to update and/or extract data from SQL Server database.
- Report status on completed and pended items to supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. 1+ years of insurance experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries.
- Good organizational skills. Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Western World provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law