The Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The Training & Education Manager will be part of a team providing the most recent and up-to-date information regarding programs relating to the Federal Crop Insurance program; reporting directly to the National Education Manager. This position serves as a resource to assess needs, develop programs and deliver various training sessions for Crop Risk Services (CRS) throughout the reinsurance year. This role will also work closely with the Sales & Sales Support teams to help attain established goals within current & prospective agencies to enhance the customer service experience. As we continue to grow, it is an exciting opportunity to be part of an integral piece of our CRS operation where the service culture combined with our brand and innovative IT systems has positioned us to be the fastest growing crop insurance company in the last six years.
- Facilitate agent training/education meetings. Includes, but not limited to:
- Schedule/Coordinate agent training meetings
- Establish agendas, instructional materials and learning aides for beginner & continuing education courses
- Facilitate & deliver crop insurance training
- Deliver additional training for employees, underwriters, adjusters and/or other essential team members.
- Develop training curriculum for both systems and continuing education programs.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training or improve existing programs.
- Make recommendations for solutions & collaborate with applicable departments as appropriate to find the proper path towards resolution.
- Provide pertinent information for monthly agent/company newsletters and additional correspondence as needed.
- Present training to agents and new Sales staff on company products such as Aeros™, quoting software, and mapping.
- Explore system needs and work with IT staff for the development and implementation of such enhancements.
- Gather such recommendations from agents, staff and other sources to help guide the company in maintaining a user-friendly processing system with cutting-edge technology.
- Identify new or enhanced products & services that will assist agents in maintaining and growing their business with CRS.
- Work in conjunction with the Sales Representatives as necessary to facilitate business growth opportunities.
- Provide working knowledge/expertise of the federal crop insurance program and private products associated with CRS.
- Represent CRS at NCIS and other industry meetings/events to help grow our presence and share necessary information with the CRS team.
- Help with any other miscellaneous duties as requested by the Sales Representatives in the given territory &/or by the CRS management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Education, Business or Marketing (or related fields); or
- 7+ years’ experience in the crop insurance industry.
- Maintain normal office hours when not travelling (ideally 7:30 am to 4:30 pm central standard time to help assist UWs and agents when in).
- Proficient in technology such as AEROS; Microsoft tools - Outlook/Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and similar learning management tools.
- Ability to travel nationally (70%+).
- Proven understanding of the Federal Crop Insurance Program with continued study for program changes and additions.
- Understanding of Private policies and programs to help address education moving forward.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Customer Service orientated.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong computer skills.
- Work well in a "Team" atmosphere.
- Strong analytical & decision making skills.
This position offers a complete benefits package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
CRS requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check including an MVR.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.