Validus Research Inc. is now part of AIG, a global insurance company with operations in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions, providing a range of insurance products, including: general property/casualty and life insurance to retirement and financial services.
This role is a permanent, full time position located in Waterloo, Ontario.
The majority of the business functions for this role are remote, with much of the work being discussed over the phone with business stakeholders and colleagues. Clear and concise communication over the phone will be essential for this position.
The Business Intelligence ETL Developer is responsible for aggregating data from multiple sources and designing enterprise-level reporting solutions.
- Development and maintenance of an enterprise data warehouse
- Working part of a IT and Business AGILE development team
- Designing and planning BI Reporting solutions
- Responsible for the maintenance of the three instances of the solution
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting BI solutions
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Accountable for testing and promotion of solutions through DEV, TEST and PROD
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Knowledge of Accounting principles
- Experience of working with complex data
- Team player
- Knowledge of IT change control principles
- The ability to work under pressure and escalate issues where necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; i.e., a thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary
OPTIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any experience in Reinsurance\ ILS\ or Insurance industries
- SSIS or comparable ETL tools experience
- Knowledge of reporting solutions such as Tableau / PowerBI
- Source control experience with Git, SVN or TFS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Compensation will be highly competitive based on experience, qualifications, inclusive of annual performance bonus, pension, and group insurance
- Full-time, permanent salaried position located in Waterloo, Ontario, subject to a probationary period
- Standard office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00, with work outside of standard office hours as dictated by business needs
- Working environment – convenient UpTown Waterloo location in Bauer Buildings (along bus routes and near new light rail – currently under construction), open office with high ceiling, colourful walls, exposed brick and large windows
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Validus Research Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.