Underwriting Management Analyst
Sitting within the Underwriting Management department, this role has responsibility for delivering on-going analytical and administrative support as required by the Underwriting Management adding to the oversight, planning capabilities and smooth operation of the department.
To work within the Underwriting Management department and to support the business :
- To produce Underwriting Management Information reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis covering all aspects of the P&L at a Syndicate and Affiliate Office reporting level.
- To produce defined timely and accurate management reports from established in-house reporting suites monitoring actual syndicate performance against the approved Syndicate Business Forecast.
- To assist with the running of the SBF and forward looking planning process including all analysis and collation needed for the QBR process.
- To produce and analyse ad-hoc reports as instructed within the Underwriting Management team in order to facilitate, planning and monitoring of the syndicate's book at any required reporting level.
- To produce and analyse reporting as required on our broker relationships including specific reporting on broker services and remuneration, in order to support the Divisional Heads in their distribution strategy.
- To review, document and analyse market competitors and market intelligence.
- Co-ordination of and support to the panel of Independent Expert Reviewers, who are charged with regular high level peer review of the Syndicate's Underwriting Integrity, to ensure that they can perform their roles effectively.
- Provision of monthly information required by the Expert Reviewers and attending meetings between the Class Underwriters and Expert Reviewers to maintain continuity of process.
- Ensuring that the Underwriting Management team is fully aware of and, where appropriate, involved with all aspects of the relationship between underwriters and the Expert Reviewers.
You will have experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Excel skills
- General IT skills and data handling capabilities inc coding languages and SQL Reporting Tools ideally.
- Advanced Power Point experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail