This key role for the syndicate aims to ensure that the underwriting technical support runs professionally and smoothly. The role will require individuals to be part of a well-trained, well organised, centrally managed team assisting the underwriting teams as required.
This role will also assist with and coordinate any regulatory requirements (Solvency 2 / SOX etc). This will revolve mainly around Data Quality and therefore this role involves being the "data coordinator" for allocated class (es) of business.
In addition to managing their own workload, the individual will also be expected to coordinate the workload of assigned underwriting teams. This will involve highlighting urgent tasks and chasing teams and/or individuals as appropriate.
Technical Assistants remain part of UTS but at the same time are integral members of their underwriting team whilst still sharing best practice and covering other members of the UTS team in busy periods where necessary. This role will be predominately office based with an opportunity to go to Lloyds when required.
All Technical assistants are encouraged to raise, and help deliver, improvements to all processes, procedures and IT Systems in relation to underwriting data entry and quality.
- To assist in the monitoring and updating of operational reports.
- Responsible for all documentation to be scanned and indexed into the DMS system.
- Responsible for ensuring timeliness is met for all measured underwriting tasks (e.g. data quality review, peer review, written date, aggregate data entry, etc) for their class of business.
- To enter data into the computer system in accordance with agreed guidelines, e.g. endorsements, quotes, promise lines.
- To ensure the underwriting teams promptly address item received electronically (i.e. electronic trading platforms and email).
- To ensure that underwriters resolve contract certainty queries/failures within a timely manner.
- Ensure consistent field use.
- Data Coordinator for allocated class (es) of business.
- Buddy for allocated Technical assistant.
- Responsible for all internal and external queries as required.
- Responsible for carrying out and/or coordinating data entry of endorsements and basic declarations.
- Act as an escalation point for the Premium management team.
- Attend and prepare necessary documentation for team meetings (Underwriting and/or UTS).
- To be a system 'super user' for our core underwriting systems and understand current and future system functionality, ensuring knowledge maintained up to date at all times.
- Ensure both personal and allocated class (es) compliance with document retention policy.
- To adhere to internal binder approval process.
- To provide box support at Lloyd's when required.
- Responsible for building and maintaining close working relationships with third party providers and brokers.
- Ad-hoc and general administration duties as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff.
- Excellent knowledge of the Lloyd's Market and the classes of business written at Talbot.
- Excellent I.T. Skills.
- Working towards the CII exams.
- Strategic Perspective
- Commercial Acumen
- Analytical Skills and Judgement
- Innovation and Change Mindset
- Client Focus
- Communication and Influence
- Building High Performing Teams
- Execution and Achievement Orientation
- Talent Development
We are committed to equality of opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. We are also open to discussions around flexible working.
We will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes, national and international legal requirements throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please speak to email@example.com to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to these needs will be addressed confidentially.
We abide by local immigration laws and will ensure that the successful candidate has the right to work in the appropriate country before confirming any job offer.
Only applicants who already have the right to work in the UK may apply for this role.