Portfolio Manager - AlphaCat Managers Ltd.
AlphaCat Managers Ltd. is an investment advisor, managing capital for Validus and third parties in insurance linked securities and other investments in the property catastrophe space. We have an immediate need for a Portfolio Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of the fund portfolios.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze advantages and disadvantages of alternative investment options and make recommendations to senior management and or investors
- Proactively contribute to overall systems and investment process enhancements
- Design and refine investment strategy to maximize expected return of portfolios
- Trade catastrophe bonds
- Manage AlphaCat analytics functions
- Portfolio planning, projection and budgeting
- Work collaboratively on investor reporting and communications
- Maintenance and development of analytical tools
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a portfolio manager of insurance-linked securities (ILS) and at least 5 years’ experience working in an ILS environment
- 10 years’ experience in the property catastrophe reinsurance business or the asset management industry
- In depth knowledge of the impact of ILS on the (re)insurance industry
- Knowledge of analytics and the measure of risk/return of reinsurance transactions
- Thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of portfolio optimization and construction
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail is essential
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters
- Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary.
Please send your resume and covering letter highlighting your experience as relevant to the role to:
Attention: Tammy Barclay
AlphaCat Managers, Ltd.
Suite #1790 48 Par-la-Ville Road
Hamilton HM 11
Fax: 441-278-9091 or Telephone: 441-278-9000
All applications must be received by close of business on March 17, 2017.