Validus Specialty is a leading global provider of insurance, reinsurance, and investment management services with research and analytics as its DNA. As an AIG company, we are globally recognized for the strength of these brands, our track record, and the talent of our employees. Listed on the NY Stock Exchange, our business maintains a clear focus on a robust underwriting discipline that is central for our continued success.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Miami office for a Jr. Claims Analyst to handle the following:
- Monitor, analyze and manage claim information received by the company from cedants, brokers and other market sources “as per claim procedures.”
- Communicate and correspond within the Company and with Ceding Companies, brokers with respect to claim information.
- Review reinsurance contracts, slips and other relevant contractual information to verify and confirm essential information and elements for coverage with respect to claims received.
- Adherence to Lloyd’s minimum standards.
- Attendance at client meetings.
- Liaise with finance and underwriting departments with respect to claim activity.
- Other duties as required.
- 1+ year experience in insurance, reinsurance, or claims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel.
- 1+ year claims management
- Bilingual with English and Spanish or Portuguese
Validus Specialty provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Validus Specialty is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.