The role will be a full-stack .Net development role, working alongside other senior developers delivering solutions as per business demand. The role requires broad industry and development knowledge plus strong soft skills to enable engagement and participation in various business initiative.
- Key role in delivering technology solutions meeting business needs.
- Perform Technical Lead and Developer roles for various systems in the Talbot estate.
- Create high-level designs feeding into the architectural process.
- Production of internal design documentation and/or co-creation of technical specifications.
- Demonstrates a behaviour/test-driven attitude to development.
- Design, develop, deliver and support high quality technical solutions for the business across multiple platforms – web, mobile or thick client, using good practice design patterns.
- Ongoing collaboration with IT Developers, Quality Assurance and others during the delivery cycle, embracing and developing delivery methodology chosen, typically scrum.
- With a continuous improvement mentality, adopts and improves the DevOps capabilities within the team.
- Collaboration with other parties (internal teams within Talbot and external suppliers) where the delivery of solutions impinges upon them.
- Strong contribution to the future direction of the overall Talbot IT Landscape/architecture.
You will have experience in the following areas
- The successful candidate ideally has extensive experience in the London Market, with a background in systems delivery for Syndicate-focused solutions. They will also have a proven track record of the broader responsibilities related to solution delivery, not just programming. i.e. the role must be comfortable working with business stakeholders at all levels.
- At least five years in an IT Development and Design capacity, including all aspects of solution design.
- Broad understanding of the agile methodology for delivery, plus experience of working in a traditional waterfall development lifecycle and its constituent parts.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft/.Net Development environments advantageous.
- Knowledge of the latest web development technologies and frameworks.
- Strong experience of test-driven development and the frameworks employed to implement.
- Knowledge of DevOps environments and solutions.
- Experience of working in a multi-country, multi-site environment and ability to coordinate resources located around the globe.