Group Risk Management Intern (NYC Summer 2017)
The Validus Student program endorses a holistic approach to student development based on providing practical experience. Applications are now being accepted for a Group Risk Management Intern based in Manhattan. The Group Risk Management Intern will work with the risk management team on project with particular emphasis expected on the following areas:
- Assist the Group Risk Management Director in compiling and analyzing exposure data for internal reporting and measurement against Group risk appetites.
- Assist in the development of exposure management protocols for cyber, flood and marine risk.
- Research available public disclosures of risk metrics by competitor firms.
- Assist the Vice President, Group Risk in conducting model validation on strategically significant models for the Group.
- Validation projects may include flood hazard models, Japanese earthquake model testing, and live catastrophe event estimation.
- Quantitative course of study: mathematics, statistics, economics, risk management, actuarial science or similar;
- Solid analytical and data manipulation skills;
- Strong computing skills; including knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with R or SQL is advantageous but not required;
- Proven organizational, self-management and timekeeping skills and a strong sense of attention to detail is essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills i.e. thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation; and
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
Applicants are required to complete a submission package consisting of the following:
- A cover letter, including dates available
- A resume
- A personal reference
- An essay of no more than 750 words describing your career aspirations and the steps you expect to take to achieve them
If your experience and ambition matches the above criteria, please forward the required materials, prior to the closing date, to: