Redfield, South Dakota
The Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The CRS Crop Insurance Adjusting staff plays a key role in delivering superior customer service to its customers and agent network and ensuring claims are adjusted accurately and timely on each insurance policy in accordance with the US Department of Agriculture’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) guidelines. As we continue to grow, it is an exciting opportunity to be part of an integral piece of our CRS operation where the service culture combined with our brand and innovative IT systems has positioned us to be the fastest growing crop insurance company in the last six years.
- Complete field inspections.
- Ability to read maps and aerial photographs.
- Measure fields and storage bins.
- Discuss findings of crop loss with farmers.
- Perform fact-finding and investigate crop damage, record information, and transmit information to accurately determine potential indemnities.
- Ability to understand and follow regulatory rules, regulations and procedures.
- Promote CRS core values and contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to be accountable, flexible, seek continuous improvement, collaborate, be creative and have fun.
- Support business objectives by participating in quality control tasks, audits, risk assessments and field reviews.
- Understand and promote IT innovation and integration.
- Build and maintain relationships by providing timely and accurate service.
- A minimum of two years of college education and prefer a farming and/or agriculture background.
- Must become Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) certified within 1 year.
- Must be able to make decisions using sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Works effectively under pressure and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust, gain support and influence others.
- Must be able to independently travel within assigned territories.
- High attention to detail