Crop Insurance Underwriter
The Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The CRS Underwriting staff plays a key role in delivering superior customer service to its agent network and ensuring accurate records are maintained on each insurance policy in accordance with the US Department of Agriculture’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) guidelines.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of RMA established deadlines such as sales closing, fund designation, accounting cut-off, production reporting and acreage reporting.
- Learn and maintain a basic knowledge of all crops/plans in assigned states/areas.
- Learn and maintain a basic knowledge of Aeros and other CRS systems.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned agents.
- Provide training and problem resolution services to agents.
- Partner with sales, claims, accounting, and technology teams to deliver excellent customer service.
- Meet production goals (support an acceptable policy count/premium volume).
- Maintain accurate records and high quality documentation of all paperwork subject to audit.
- Promptly fix errors listed on the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) error list as well as those identified internally.
- Keep policy files organized and updated per processing procedures.
- Assist with special assignments as needed.
- Experience in underwriting, customer service, crop insurance and/or farming is preferred.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet strict deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively deliver a presentation to a large group.
- Strong initiative and eagerness to learn new things.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This position offers a complete benefits package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
CRS requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check including an MVR.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.