Crop Hail Insurance Underwriter
Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The CRS Underwriting staff plays a key role in delivering superior customer service to its agent network and ensuring accurate records are maintained on each insurance policy in accordance with each state’s Department of Insurance rules and regulations.
- Experience in underwriting, customer service, crop insurance and/or farming is preferred.
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to consistently provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively deliver a presentation to a large group
- Positive attitude
- Must be a team player
- Strong initiative and eagerness to learn new things
- Problem solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Obtain Property and Casualty license as well as meet continuing education requirements
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Learn and maintain knowledge of CRS established deadlines for private products such as sales closings and endorsement date deadlines.
- Learn and maintain a basic knowledge of all crops/plans in assigned states/areas.
- Learn and maintain a basic knowledge of Aeros.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with agents.
- Provide training and problem resolution services to agents.
- Partner with sales, claims, accounting, and technology teams to deliver excellent customer service.
- Maintain accurate records and high quality documentation of all paperwork subject to audit.
- Promptly fix errors identified internally through any audit process.
- Keep policy files organized and updated per processing procedures.
- Assist management with special assignments as needed.
- Promptly answer any inbound phone calls and direct to appropriate department.
This position offers a complete benefits package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
CRS requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check including an MVR.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.