Western World was founded in 1964 and has built a record of profitability and capital accumulation along with an enduring reputation for underwriting expertise. Our staff of seasoned professionals provides our customers with quick, knowledgeable, and thoughtful solutions tailored to their specific business class. We provide General Liability, Products Liability, Commercial Property, and Professional Liability coverages.
As an AIG company, we offer the security and comfort of consistently superior financial results, prudent capital management, and long-term understanding and view of our business. We carry an A.M. Best Group Rating of A (Excellent) as a result of this dedication.
Currently, we have an outstanding opportunity to work in our Parsippany, NJ headquarters for a AS400 Programmer to handle the following:
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, and implement COBOL and CL programs.
- Maintain and modify WINS software.
- Work with user departments to define and clarify application requirements.
- Execute all AS400 utilities including SEU, SDA, DFU, and QUERY.
- Perform month end closings, state filings, and other responsibilities as departmental needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical major such as Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with AS400, COBOL, and CL.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent problem resolution and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with WINS.
- Experience in system development for the insurance industry.
Western World provides an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and 401K, along with a generous PTO and holiday allotment.
Western World is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.