In this custom training program, you will be given opportunities to work alongside industry leading professionals across a variety of Finance teams while earning your Chartered Professional Accountant designation. This program requires a minimum term of 30 months of practical experience, while studying for the necessary examinations - from day one you are supported through your journey.
What are we looking for?
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualities:
- A pro-active approach to work, wanting to take responsibility for actions and contribute to our business
- Good work ethic including proven organizational and timekeeping skills
- A strong sense of attention to detail
- Being inquisitive – asking questions about the business
- Not waiting to be given tasks – being pro-active in asking
- Gain knowledge about the business as a whole and not just one area
- Understand that it is an entry level position into the company
- Take on board the overall company culture
And meet the following requirements:
- A degree in Accountancy or Commerce is strongly preferred as to limit the time spent on program pre-requisites required before entry in to the CPA – PEP program.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience, previous summer jobs and internships may be included
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team framework
- Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary.
Concurrent with the CPA – PREP and CPA PEP programs, the Junior Corporate Accountant will support teams within the wider Finance function. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Consolidation & Accounting team with the financial statement close of a number of business units (primary duties); assisting other team members with other key close cycles; assistance with budget to actual reporting; assistance with other value-add finance initiatives and projects.
- Assisting the External Reporting team with the preparation of the Group’s financial statements for a number of quarter close periods in order to support the 10-Q/10-K filings (primary duties); assistance with other SEC related documents; XBRL tagging/review and the preparation of certain regular quarterly accounting memos.
- Assisting the Group Sarbanes team with the completion of walkthrough documentation and controls testing for certain business cycles in order to support the quarterly 10-Q/10-K filings.
- Assisting the Group tax team with certain initiatives, including quarterly tax calculations and coordination of deliverables for tax return preparation; other process improvements/enhancements as needed.
How to Apply -
The first step is to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including status of pre-requisites for the CA PEP program
- A resume/CV
- Your most recent academic transcript
The closing date is August 15, 2017.
The Selection Process – Resumes/CVs will be reviewed by Learning & Talent Development and senior members of the Finance team. Human Resources will conduct initial interviews, the first step in a multi-step process.
A decision will then be made and our preferred candidates offered a job. The start date for this program is expected to be September/October 2017.
Validus Group thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.